Almost every space station has a "Space Lounge" where pilots and traders can conduct business, have a drink or watch Octopod Arm Wrestling matches.
Lounges contain the latest gossip, and include a bar that usually has a robotic bartender serving drinks ranging from Y'mirr Schnapps to Nesla Brandy. It's also a common place to admit one's desires to become a pirate here as well.
The player can meet several contacts which offer a broad variety of goods, services, and missions here, which serve to further the credits the player has, perhaps to save up for that shiny VoidX or Mantis. Merchants sell goods here, but it is up to you to determine if it is worth the price or not. Knowing the average market price by visiting bases helps determine if it is worth it. Diplomats also come here and help the player restore their reputation with a faction, if hostilities are encountered.
- Throughout the all the space stations in GoF you will come across a space traveler that say he/she has a had a Hyperdrive malfunction and doesent know what system they are in. This hints that what happened to Keith T. Maxwell at the beginning on the base storyline may also be happening to others in the GoF universe.
- Some people also think that they know you, but that Keith is too young. This perhaps hints at former friendships before the hyperdrive incident.
- The following stations don't have a space lounge:
- When entering the Space Lounge, you can tap the screen to skip the panning animation and get down to business quicker.
- Blueprints for special items can be bought in Space Lounges, as well as access to hidden systems.
- Often, there will be a Terran selling "Fancy Leather Jackets" but never actually sells them to the player.
- Leather Jackets were the height of fashion 1000 years ago. They were made and produced in the Terran homeworld, and were classified as "fancy", hence their current branding. Unfortunately, after the demise of the Terran homeworld, Fancy Leather Jackets were discontinued, as it reminded buyers of the tragedy, and so sellers have virtually given up selling them. (this is a fan-made description)
- There will also be a person saying that they love to watch the "Octopod Arm Wrestling" which is a major pastime of the galaxy.
- There would even be some hidden blueprints or weird products that are not available in the market.
- Tribbles from Star Trek can sometimes be heard as an ambient effect in Terran Space Lounges.
- During the Supernova storyline, all space lounges in the Ginoya System are empty due to severe Gamma radiation. Once the storyline ends, these space lounges return to normal.
- Some people will tell you "We don't own the place, but we have an understanding with... you know." This is likely a reference to the 2003 space combat simulation game Freelancer, in which multiple people will tell the player almost the same thing.