Khador Jump Drive
Varies by location distance
Named after its inventor, a Grey, the Khador Drive allows interstellar travelers to journey anywhere in the universe. This incredible feat is made possible by the Void Crystals embedded in the device, each of which contains a miniaturized image of the entire universe. The drive replaces the need for jumpgates and makes it possible to travel to the Void realm without the use of a wormhole.
The Khador Drive makes it possible to instantly travel to any system. Its use consumes energy cells like a cloaking device. The number of energy cells depends on how far away the system is; essentially how many jumpgates you would have had to travel through to arrive at your destination is how many energy cells it takes, with a minimum of 1 (Easy/Normal) energy cell or 2 (Extreme) and caps out at 9 (Easy/Normal) or 14 (Extreme). The Khador Drive allows the player to travel to systems that are not connected to the rest of the galaxy by a jumpgate, such as the Mido System or the Y'mirr System. Travelling to these unconnected systems always costs 4 energy cells (Easy/Normal) or 8 (Extreme). The Khador Drive also allows the player to travel to the Void system and back, as the description states. Travelling to and from the Void System always costs 1 energy cell (each way, Easy/Normal) or 2 (Extreme). Wingmen, if you have currently employed any, can follow you when you jump to a system, using the Khador Drive.
For 1t Khador Drive:
- 50t Void Crystals (These can be bought from Wolf-Reiser if you enter the station without a Khador Drive.)
- 10t Pyresium
- 10t Doxtrite
- 10t Hypanium
- 40t Electronics
- 70t Mechanical Supplies
- 75t Microchips
- 40t Optics
Galaxy on Fire 2 HD (Android)
For 1t Khador Drive in Galaxy on Fire 2 HD (Android):
- 50t Void Crystals
- 200t Pyresium
- 200t Doxtrite
- 30t Hypanium
- 100t Electronics
- 150t Mechanical Supplies
- 150t Microchips
- 120t Optics
- 125t Energy Cells
This costs about 406,740 credits to produce (not counting Void Crystals) or 828,653 credits to autocomplete.
- All the Deep Science ships have integrated Khador Drives that do not take up an equipment slot.
- The Alice Drive is Alice Paolini's renamed version of the Khador Drive, which she stole from Keith, in order to profit from the patent. She used this drive to move the Valkyrie Station to Beidan where she attempted to destroy the Deep Science Station there.
- There is a graphical glitch, which allows the player to watch the Khador Drive jump animation from a position right behind the jumping ship.
- When gathering Void Crystals for Khador, and succeeding, the 50t Void Crystals will already be in the Khador Drive blueprint, saving more time.
- The Khador Drive consumes twice as much energy when playing in Extreme difficulty.
- Throughout the Base Game Storyline it is repeatedly talked about the possibility of the Khador Drive going into mass production and entering the Market. Next time you're close to a space station (regardless of system) pay attention to the Security Force Ships exiting the Station, some will fly out and in a few seconds hyperdrive into space! Hinting that the Khador Drive indeed made it to production!
- There is sometimes a glitch where only the purple orb, but not its contrails, appear. If this happens the first time the Drive is used, the player can assume that the Drive teleports them to their specified destination.
- When traveling to systems off the jumpgate system, the Khador Drive will consume 4 Energy Cells