The series' protagonist, Keith T. Maxwell, is shot thirty-five years into the future by a hyperdrive malfunction, caused during a pirate ambush. After some time, an ore trader named Gunant Breh finds Maxwell's crippled ship drifting in space and brings it to the Var Hastra mining station. The player learns to use the main features of GoF2, including outfitting a ship, mining, and fighting pirates. After completing the tutorial, the player is given Gunant's old ship, Betty, and taken to Terran territory by a Terran convoy. There, the player learns of the Void Threat and battles them throughout the rest of the storyline, eventually destroying their capability to launch attacks in the galaxy.
Galaxy on Fire 2 has numerous improvements over its predecessor, Galaxy on Fire 3D, most notably in its more extensive campaign and trading system; along with its addition of new weapons and equipment, additional mission types, and hidden systems and blueprints. The player is also able to fly their ship through the game universe even when not on a mission, giving Galaxy on Fire 2 a much more immersive and interactive game experience.Galaxy on Fire 2™ on iPhone, iPad and Nokia by FISHLABS - Cinematic Trailer HD(01:56)
- Galaxy on Fire 2 HD (GoF2 HD) is the graphically-enhanced version of GoF2.
- Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD is the even more graphically-enhanced version of GoF2. This is only available for Mac (with the add-ons Valkyrie and Supernova) and PC (without the add-ons Valkyrie and Supernova).
- The name of the Galaxy in GoF2 is never mentioned
- Galaxy on Fire 2 has 2 Add-ons: Valkyrie and Supernova. They can be bought via in-app-purhcase on Mac, iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad.
- The races in Galaxy on Fire 2 are similar in Star Trek: the Terrans are the Federation, the Nivelians are Romulans, the Vossk are Klingon, and the Void are the Borg.